September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001

I can’t believe it has been 10 years! September 11, 2001. I remember getting out of bed and checking my email and as I browsed the web I read the news about airplanes hitting the World Trade Center. At first I wondered if that was a very poor April fools joke, but this was September, not April. I turned the TV on and for the rest of the day my eyes were glued on the screen watching what was going on in New York. I don’t remember doing anything else but just staring at the TV in disbelief. I think the events were so horrible and unreal that my brain was having a difficult time processing what my eyes were seeing.

It has been 10 years and today the country remembers and mourns the thousands of people from all over the world who have lost their lives that day. We also remember the people whose lives were changed for ever and we also remember a country that was changed. Things are not the same.

But even though the country went through some changes one thing is for sure. It became stronger! The sleeping giant that was awaken at Pearl Harbor in 1941 became stronger on September 11, 2001. It’s people got closer to God and to each other. And as long as this giant remains connected to God, its source of strength, it will remain strong!




"It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure."
II Samuel 22:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...