October 23, 2011

Temporarily separated.



Death is such an unexpected and terrible thing. At the same time is the expected in this sinful world. Today a girl I knew passed away. As I was reading about the news this incredible sadness filled my heart. She had been sick and just 4 days ago received the news that she had a matching donor and would be able to get well soon. Everyone was rejoicing with the news and gladly renewed their prayers of praise and thanksgiving. 4 days later things made a turn for the worse and now she's gone, leaving behind her husband and son. 


I was having a difficult time moving on with my day after the news. This world is so sad. How horrible that this husband and son had just lost their wife and mother. And how many other children loose their parents, or parents loose their children. There is so much suffering. I was asking God to come quickly. I want to go Home...In my heavenly home there will be no suffering or pain, no tears, no death. There will be no separation of loved ones. Can't wait...


But just then I had some music playing and one started...His eyes are on the sparrow... and He watches over me, why should I feel discouraged? The words of this song gave me comfort and the assurance of God's strength and certainty. Nothing in this world is certain, only He is, and He is there for me, every day, every moment of my life. 

I should know this. I've been through the experience of loosing my father at a young age. And as horrible and difficult that experience was and still is, God has carried me through in amazing ways and has been my stronghold. I know then that He will be Sara's husband and son stronghold as well. He'll carry them through this experience, giving them His amazing peace and helping them to hold on to the hope and assurance that their separation from her is temporary. One day, God will put an end to the suffering and we will be reunited with our loved ones. Can't wait for that day!


 

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth... There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:1,4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...