August 10, 2010

Time at the fair

We were planning on going to the fair today. After work I ate something quickly, changed into more comfortable clothes and of to the fair we went. We arrived just as the firetruck was leaving which was in itself a let down. I like seeing that red truck. The fair was packed with people and things. There's something happening constantly, non stop. As we walked through the fair, the booths, the rides, my senses started to become overwhelmed. My senses of sight, smell, and hearing were being overstimulated and I left the fair exhausted! We were there for 2 or 3 hours, I don't even recall but I was tired. Even at home I could still hear in my mind the screams of the people riding the rides.

I thought it was interesting that a couple of weeks ago we had gone on vacation and spent the days hiking, climbing mountains, following creeks and waterfalls and we would get to the hotel and not feel tired. Our muscles would be sore but we were mentally relaxed. And re-energized. It was great!

I was thinking about that this evening and I came to the conclusion that this is the difference between the entertainment provided by God and the one provided by men. After a couple of hours at the fair, men's creation, I felt worse than after a full day at work. After a week in nature, God's creation, I felt great, ready to return to my daily activities. I came home motivated for life!

Amazing how God knows exactly what I need and what is good for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what lovely picture and the nice words! It looks like we are on top of the worlllld!!!
    I love your blog!
    huggg
    mza

    ReplyDelete

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...