August 14, 2011

Overflowing cup!

Recently I got together with some friends and we were asked to share a blessing from God from this past year.

Have you thought of how God has blessed you? I don’t know about you, but so many times it seems so much easier to focus on the problems and what is negative in life. A while back I was at a prayer meeting when people began talking about their problems, some very serious, and were asking for prayer. As I listened I felt like I needed to have some problem so I could share as well. I had in my mind the blessings God had so graciously bestowed upon me, but I felt like the good things didn’t fit when everyone was having such a difficult time. But then one of my friends shared on how important it is to acknowledge and express gratitude for the good things in life because everything good, every little comfort, is a gift from God. And those things need to be told over and over again.

I was encouraged by that thought. So often we focus and share only the problems, but it is so important to focus on the positive and to share more often the wonderful things God does in our lives.

Think about it. This world, if Satan had his way, would be all bad all the time. In fact, we really should only have bad things happening because that’s what we deserve. But good things happen as well and that’s because we have an Amazing God who wants to gives us good things. I truly believe we are encouraged in our walk through this earth when we focus on the good things.

So take a moment and think about the many good things God has given you today. If you are reading this it means you are alive and talk about an incredible blessing! And you can see and read! So many people have never learned how to read and so many have never seen the beauty of a flower or the face of their loved ones. Did you eat today? What about thanking God for the food He gives you at your next meal? So many people go to bed hungry. Do you have a place to sleep? Or did you have to lay down on the bench at the bus stop because you had no where else to go? Did it rain today? I used to live in a place with water restrictions and rain was simply wonderful. Did you have sunshine? Didn’t that just warm your skin and your soul?

The list can go on and on and I know from experience that the more you notice the blessings from God, the more positive and happier life will be.

As for me this is what I have to say about God’s blessings in my life: my cup is overflowing! And I want to shout it to the world because my God, the God who created the universe, loves me with this immense love and wants to shower me, and you, with good things!


"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."
Psalm 23:1

1 comment:

  1. How true and wonderful these words are!! I too feel like shouting it out, and love talking about it! I was talking to Josue(my husband) just 2 days ago and telling him how blessed I feel! My God is so amazing! I have countless blessings I can always talk about. Thanks for sharing!
    Dania Prieto Murillo

    ReplyDelete

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...