January 06, 2016

Keep praying!

I've been talking with God since early in the morning. A few months ago I read a book on prayer which encouraged me to start my own prayer list. As the days go by, the prayer list keeps growing. It's encouraging to see prayers that have been answered in ways that only God can do. Knowing of God's answers gives me the strength and motivation to continue on praying. But there are a few names on my list without visible answers, of people who are still going through difficult trials. Some because of health issues, some because of marital problems, or parenting issues, and yet others are struggling spiritually for all kinds of different reasons. I feel like I'm in the middle of a battle. I know who wins and I want everyone to be on the wining side, but I also know that it is very difficult to decide to follow God when He wants us to do something we don't want to do. 

This morning I read Psalm 73 where the writer struggles with the fact that the wicked seem to have such a great life where he's filled with troubles and grief. Then he realizes that the true reward is in the future, either for life eternal or eternal death, so he decides to take refuge in God.
Often in life our battles are not against flesh, but are battles between good and evil, between following God and following ourselves, and the results are eternal either for good or for bad. So even though some names on my prayer list are still there after all these months, they need my prayers more than ever. I can't quit just because I don't see immediate results. These are people of much value, whom Christ died for. I have to keep praying and interceding for them just like I too want and need others to pray for me.

I'm sure you can think of people who need your prayers right now. Don't give up praying for them. Pray without ceasing, until they decide to return to the wining side of the battle. It's a battle for eternal life!



" And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people"
Ephesians 6:18

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...