September 28, 2016

Wonderful Exodus 31!

I am so grateful for Exodus 31:1-11. After reading chapters 25 through 30 where God describes all the things that needed to be done in order to complete the Tabernacle, I was wondering if Moses was feeling a little overwhelmed. I know I was after reading the descriptions of every article that was supposed to go into the tabernacle. Make the ark of the Covenant this way, and cut the curtains the other way, face the tent this way, and make the priestly garments this other way. Phew! It was a lot!  But this morning I read Exodus 31, wonderful chapter 31, where God tells Moses that he was not to do all that work alone. In fact, God was equipping especially chosen people to do everything with skill and wisdom. Bezalel was chosen to make all kinds of artistic designs with gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, and Oholiab was chosen to help him. Moreover, God was giving all the skilled workers involved in the work of the temple, the ability to do well everything God had commanded.

What an amazing promise. God didn’t tell Moses to do all that work and then let him figure out how to do it. It was God’s special work and He was going to make sure everyone had everything needed to go a great job, thus glorifying God in every little detail.

How wonderful to know that when God asks us to do something, He will give us all we need to complete our assignment with success.  A few months prior He had given Moses the task of freeing the Israelites from Egypt, but sent Aaron to help him. Even Moses’ father-in-law Jethro was used to give great counsel to make Moses’ work lighter. Now God was sending all kinds of skilled workers to complete the temple just as God had instructed.

It’s amazing to notice how true this is in my own life. God has been there for me and given me everything I needed for the tasks He has asked me to do. When He asked me to move to a different country far away from my family, He provided all the resources and people to help me through that time. As He has called me to be a parent and a wife,  in spite of my many shortcomings, it’s comforting to know that He is helping me daily to be there for my family. And as I hear Him asking me to embark on a new adventure with Him, I know I will never be alone and will be thoroughly equipped for the job at hand. I don’t have to fear!

God may be calling you to a special work. It can be to go somewhere as a missionary, or to become a parent either through birth, adoption, or foster care. He may be calling you to go back to school or change your careers. Perhaps He is asking you to do a special work at your church, neighborhood, or your community. Whatever He is asking you to do for Him, whether big or small, know that God will give you absolutely everything you need and send all the help you need to do a great work for Him. You have nothing to fear!


“Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.”
Psalm 144:1

“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”
Philippians 1:6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...