January 01, 2017

Taking Over the World!


So many have dreamed of taking over the world. History is filled with stories of the great soldiers, conquerors, and dreamers, who have gone through great lengths to conquer and rule the world. And many joined these dreamers in achieving their goals. It’s never a one person effort. It takes a team. It always takes a team.
As I read the book of Numbers in the Bible, I too began to share the dream of taking over the world. No, I have no desire in ruling this earth, but I know someone who does and would be great at it! You see, Numbers 21:23-26 tells the story of a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert when they came upon Amorite territory. The Amorites weren’t very thrilled about the people of Israel requesting to pass through their territory, so they got their entire army together to fight the Israelites. It didn’t go very well for the Amorites, and the people of Israel ended up taking over the land.

As I read this, all of a sudden I had a vision of taking over the land too, but not by war or by sword. I started to envision what would it be like if love took over the world! What would the world look like? Well, what is love? I think if we answer that question, we will know what a world filled with love would look like. There is a beautiful answer for this question in the Bible.

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.”
I Corinthians 13:4-8

Wow! Love is definitely not selfish. Can you imagine a world where people think of others’ happiness before their own? A world where we want others to feel valued and valuable? A world where we use things, but never people? What do you think our countries would be like if our governments were motivated by love? What about our schools? And our churches?

This dream is possible, and I know someone who many years ago began a revolution of love: God. It began when He created this beautiful world and even after we decided to do things our way and messing up pretty bad, God has continued His revolution of love through His Son Jesus. It’s a beautiful dream and I want to be a part of it. It does take a team to take over the world with love though, but I definitely have my part in my own little part of the world. It begins by loving my family, my neighbors, and my friends. It begins by looking for the needs of others before my own. It begins by wanting to make those who I come in contact with feel valued and valuable. I know from experience that I’m always happier
when I strive to make others happy. And as we each do our part wherever we have been planted, we can soon take over the land with love. What an amazing dream! I want to encourage you to read I Corinthians 13:4-8 and begin this love revolution where you are, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...