January 09, 2017

Spring is coming!

The sun was shinning beautifully. It was nice after so many cloudy days to see and feel the sunshine. Getting ready to go out the door in the morning, I quickly rolled up the sleeves of my denim shirt. It felt like Spring! Inside me I could slightly feel that happy feeling that Spring always brings. I know it is still Winter and will be for a few more weeks, but I could feel the excitement of Spring just around the corner. As I got in the car and drove down my neighborhood I saw a robin perched on top of a tree soaking up the sun. Robins winter in the south, but I hadn’t seen one in several weeks, so I was excited. When living in Alaska, seeing a robin after a long, cold, and dark winter, was reason for celebration! This morning truly felt like Spring! As I kept driving, another robin flew just in front of the car. As I was talking with my son about it, he noticed another robin, and then we saw another, and another, and yet another! It was as if promises that Spring will come were everywhere!

It made me think of how I feel when I read my Bible. We live in a bad, sinful world. Life in this planet is cold and dark. But the Bible is full of promises of better days to come. As I open those pages, I read promise after promise after promise that “winter” won’t last forever, and “spring” is just around the corner. Talk about reasons to celebrate! A better life, filled with the light and the warmth of God’s Son, is certain. I may have to go through difficult times here, but I know those won't last forever. Soon I’ll enjoy the beauty of eternal life with my Savior for ever. Just can’t wait!

The beautiful morning sun is now once again hiding behind dark gray clouds. It’s still Winter. But the promises of Spring received from all the little robins I saw this morning give me hope and assurance that beautiful weather full of sunshine, warmth, and colors is just around the corner!


"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared."
Revelation 21:1

“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:1-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...