January 27, 2016

Morning blessings

My home office has a large window that goes all the way from the ceiling to the floor. It lets in lots of natural light and is one my favorite spots in the house. I like to sit on the floor looking outside watching the day begin. I've had the most interesting conversations with God while sitting on the floor, in front of my big window. My neighborhood is quiet, with many trees, lots of busy little birds that crowd the feeders, and friendly neighbors. I haven't met all of my neighbors yet. In this day and age people seem to live more isolated from each other, busy with our daily activities.

There are two houses in front of mine that I believe belong to parents and their children. The house with the children receives the newspaper every day. The paper person doesn't deliver the newspaper right to the door, but throws it into the walkway or somewhere in the yard. Hmmm I wonder if the paper delivery person is a young boy riding a bike carrying a bag over his shoulder full of newspapers. Most likely not, but that's how I picture a paper delivery person. 

I noticed though that every morning before the sun comes up, the father comes out of his house, goes to his children's front yard, picks the paper up from the ground, and puts it right in front of their front door. He doesn't ring the doorbell nor does he talk with anyone. This morning he had two little cats playfully walking with him. 

I have seen this every day that I'm looking outside early in the morning by my big window, but today I saw something else. Today I saw love! By dad bringing the paper to the door, the young family can just retrieve it without having to walk all the way to the yard. It's a simple gesture, but dad is saying he loves his children.

After the older gentleman went back to his house I started thinking about the many unseen blessings my Heavenly Father bestows upon me every day. He's protected me every night of my life when I'm sleeping. He's waken me up and is still blessing me with the breath of life. He sends lots of little birds to my feeders because He knows I like it. Every morning I've been blessed by eating breakfast, my most favorite meal of the day. What a feast it often is. I have great friends all over the world. He gave me a loving family and I get to share my days with my husband and my son. These are just a few of the blessings my heavenly Father gives me every morning! Little gestures that mean the world to me.

He does the same for you. Every new day there are countless blessings waiting for you when you open your eyes in the morning. It's very easy to focus on the negative around us, so it does take an effort to look at the wonderful blessings He gives. However, if you think about the good, you are going to see a loving Heavenly Father bestowing His love and care on you. You are His kid. 

Little birds just started coming to the feeders and are happily singing their morning songs. In fact I  just saw my first robin of the season. My heart and lips are smiling. I'm going to spend some time enjoying this blessing from God. He loves me! And He loves you too!



"The Lord's loving kindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.
Lamentations 3:22, 23

"And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing."
Ezekiel 34:26



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...