January 11, 2016

Rescue Plan

Overwhelming feelings of sadness took over me. "Lord, how I can take care of my patients and be cheerful for them when I feel so down myself?" I asked God. It was really difficult to keep going. I began to notice then, that every time I interacted with a patient I was able to be there fully for them, but as soon as I left I was reminded of the feelings of loss and misunderstanding I was dealing with. I looked out through one of the windows and stared at the winter landscape on the other side of the glass. There was still snow on the ground and the trees and the grass were brown and lifeless. The wind was blowing with force the naked tree branches. Outside looked cold and uninviting. I just stared out the window offering a silent cry for help to the God of the universe. He knew I needed Him, so He gently whispered in my mind the words of Psalm 34:18 - "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed." With renewed strength I went back and finished my shift knowing that my God was especially close to me that day. 

When I got home there were two boys happy to see me at the end of a long day. My husband was excited to show me a large envelope the mail person had brought. When I saw where the envelope had come from I began to cry. It was from the university. I knew what it was inside. Another powerful demonstration of the amazing God I serve and who never leaves me alone. I quickly opened the envelope and removed from inside my diploma. My diploma! Truly God is close to the brokenhearted and rescues those whose spirits are crushed. What an amazing gift was waiting for me at home at the end of an emotionally difficult day. My husband and I read the words written on the diploma. He pointed out to the words under the degree: Magna Cum Laude. Then he gave me a tight hug and said he had graduated "thank the Laude." He's my best friend, what you're gonna do about it?

If you ever feel alone and that God is far from you, remember He promised to never leave you, never forsake you. If you ever feel tempted to think that God has abandoned you, know that it is a lie from the devil. You are never alone. Never! And He has a plan to rescue you from whatever difficulty you are facing. The rescue plan He had for me at the end of that hard day was receiving my diploma and the loving embrace of my husband and son. After that, all I could think was how God had carried me and my family the two years I had gone back to school. My heart and mind were focused on the many blessings, and the things that had weighed me down earlier in the day had become lighter to carry. In fact, I believe God took them and carried them for me.

God has a rescue plan for those who are crushed in spirit. In His time, according to His wisdom and plan for your life, God will deliver you from whatever you are going through. Regardless of how you might feel His promises are sure. You are never alone. Never! Hold on to that assurance.


http://www.aswithaflood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Bind-Yourself-to-Free-Yourself.jpg



"Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today."
Exodus 14:13

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."
Psalm 34:18


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trasured Moments

My day began early, just as the sun was giving a slight hint of its impending coming. I sat in the quietness of the living room looking...